Everything worked out well so far.
No problems with the visa (which was quite a Nail-biter!) And the transfer from the airport to the apartment. My flat in town center composed of a Portuguese (Louis; WG-chef), a Guatemalan (Linda, dances, laughs and talks all day),
a English woman (even when traveling) and two Argentines (Paulo & Mercedes , the landlord couple) is extremely nice, friendly, helpful and complete English-language (which I still problems arise but every day gets a bit better), the apartment while a bit wild but very large, the infrastructure in the neighborhood great, the Location of the apartment ideal (Downtown and just a few blocks from the university) and I have rooms with views. The
City is overwhelming. Depending on where Barrio I find myself, I always
be felt in another town again: the super-clean, modern and chique port district of Puerto Madero, the worldly-Parisian Recoleta, the massive American-looking Micro Center, the casual-cool Palermo and and and. Parks and trees everywhere. Great weather: sunshine and "good air" (steady wind) which distribute the exhaust gases.
The low prices for food, coffee, eating out and transport to make life here enjoyable. The nightlife seems to have been invented here: the Porteños celebrate and dance with a fervor there are numerous clubs, discotheques and bars in the city one night persuade ANY of them again - the second to none. Security is basically not an issue. Of the suburban ghettos and a few remote districts, in which one does not anyway if you do not want to you can move here almost hassle free. Day and night.
So where is the crisis? No immigration authorities that threatens me with jail if I can show no genuine visa;
not the criminals I press a knife to his neck in order to get a few pesos. No smog of takes my breath away. No mold-WG with greedy ignorants, not European prices hell to me the fun could shorten the semester abroad. Who / Where / What is the problem?
The problem is in any case (2 cases) were male. And in case one reads Luke ... Piston!
My ATM card - the source of all joy of life (the cost is known) - is gone. Just like that. Once went to withdraw money, then no longer used. Theft is unlikely: the wallet and the remaining contents are still there. Well do what? First of all: the nerve to throw away, get angry green and blue, wondering how we go from here really - do I go about collecting the Cartoneros paper waste in order to finance my life here? Why am I so incredibly vulnerable to such disasters. Self-pity beats around. But a crisis demands management. And that looks like this: buy phone card (otherwise I can run from here otherwise no international calls) and call the hotline card lock ... and accept the fact that this "fun" will cost about 40 €.
Next: contact the parent - in times of crisis does know best how to continue. And coming in my case mine in a month also to Argentina, and can bring me a new card. Then I says Louis (the Portuguese) that I can in an emergency passport and credit card at the big banks withdraw money. Situation - After a fashion - saved.
Case 2: the problem is once male. Name unknown. Nationality: Argentinian.
Friday night. First day in B. Aires. The celebration. My first night out in Buenos Aires. Club-hopping is the word: so much going on - so little time. The decision falls on minimal techno and house in Crobar & foam party in Amerik. Everything is going well. The people, the music and the mood. Around 2:30 in the morning I come to Crobar. The party is just beginning.
... further into Amerik. There is currently going on really. Rent at the bar. Una cerveza, por favor! I move slowly towards the dance floor. Let's see what is going on. Suddenly I was rammed from behind an ignorant Porteño. It throws me out fast. NEW my glasses flying to the ground. In the middle of the foam of the falls in masses from the ceiling (foam party -_-). Two cute Argentineans are always on hand and help me find. In vain. Glasses worn for 3 days - and gone. What to do. The part was expensive. Without going do nothing.
crisis management: Fielmann write to customer service. I'm finally assured. I do not know exactly what and against what, but I must be there. I am a regular customer! Although far from Fielmann climes but included in the purchase of insurance coverage tells me for the first year a complete protection against all To accidents. Output to date uncertain. I can only hope that keeps Fielmann insurance, what it promises! Sufficient contact lenses and glasses Reserve fortunately I have to.
The first 2 day were demanding: arrive, new city, new people, first impressions, sunburn, language shock, Party, Shopping, forced marches, disaster and crisis management on my test stand.
I'm doing well. How are you?
Greetings to all - wherever you are! =)
No problems with the visa (which was quite a Nail-biter!) And the transfer from the airport to the apartment. My flat in town center composed of a Portuguese (Louis; WG-chef), a Guatemalan (Linda, dances, laughs and talks all day),
City is overwhelming. Depending on where Barrio I find myself, I always
The low prices for food, coffee, eating out and transport to make life here enjoyable. The nightlife seems to have been invented here: the Porteños celebrate and dance with a fervor there are numerous clubs, discotheques and bars in the city one night persuade ANY of them again - the second to none. Security is basically not an issue. Of the suburban ghettos and a few remote districts, in which one does not anyway if you do not want to you can move here almost hassle free. Day and night.
So where is the crisis? No immigration authorities that threatens me with jail if I can show no genuine visa;
The problem is in any case (2 cases) were male. And in case one reads Luke ... Piston!
My ATM card - the source of all joy of life (the cost is known) - is gone. Just like that. Once went to withdraw money, then no longer used. Theft is unlikely: the wallet and the remaining contents are still there. Well do what? First of all: the nerve to throw away, get angry green and blue, wondering how we go from here really - do I go about collecting the Cartoneros paper waste in order to finance my life here? Why am I so incredibly vulnerable to such disasters. Self-pity beats around. But a crisis demands management. And that looks like this: buy phone card (otherwise I can run from here otherwise no international calls) and call the hotline card lock ... and accept the fact that this "fun" will cost about 40 €.
Next: contact the parent - in times of crisis does know best how to continue. And coming in my case mine in a month also to Argentina, and can bring me a new card. Then I says Louis (the Portuguese) that I can in an emergency passport and credit card at the big banks withdraw money. Situation - After a fashion - saved.
Case 2: the problem is once male. Name unknown. Nationality: Argentinian.
Friday night. First day in B. Aires. The celebration. My first night out in Buenos Aires. Club-hopping is the word: so much going on - so little time. The decision falls on minimal techno and house in Crobar & foam party in Amerik. Everything is going well. The people, the music and the mood. Around 2:30 in the morning I come to Crobar. The party is just beginning.
crisis management: Fielmann write to customer service. I'm finally assured. I do not know exactly what and against what, but I must be there. I am a regular customer! Although far from Fielmann climes but included in the purchase of insurance coverage tells me for the first year a complete protection against all To accidents. Output to date uncertain. I can only hope that keeps Fielmann insurance, what it promises! Sufficient contact lenses and glasses Reserve fortunately I have to.
The first 2 day were demanding: arrive, new city, new people, first impressions, sunburn, language shock, Party, Shopping, forced marches, disaster and crisis management on my test stand.
I'm doing well. How are you?
Greetings to all - wherever you are! =)
0 comments:
Post a Comment